Inspired by Florida surfer, Tommy Tant, the Tommy Tant Memorial Scholarship annually awards educational scholarships, ranging in value from $250 to $750. Tommy Tant, who died unexpectedly in 1998 from an aortic aneurysm, was recognized for his commitment to personal excellence and to making a positive difference in the lives of others. The scholarship program will award scholarships with the 2-3 top applicants receiving awards.
From an intimate surfside gathering thirteen years ago, the Tommy Tant Memorial Surf Classic has emerged an international event in Flagler Beach. And the memorial scholarship remains the centerpiece of this benchmark event. The Surf Classic draws professional surfers and artists from across the country.
The surf classic and educational scholarships are designed to inspire high school and college students, encouraging them to follow their dreams by introducing them to professional athletes and world-class artists.
PLEASE NOTE: This form is specifically for student applicants.
This online entry system allows you to work on the application, upload multiple documents, save it as a draft, and make changes until you're ready to submit the form. You will also be able to check your submission status via email or by logging into the system. Please contact us with any questions.
- Application Deadline: Friday, November 5, 2021 (5pm).
- College-bound high school seniors and current college students are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are granted in spring 2022.
This is your opportunity to communicate your values, what motivates you, even what inspires you. So, be creative and write in a way that reflects your personal style and goals. We look forwarding to learning more about you! Please note the word limit for each question.
- How did you move forward with your personal and educational goals during the recent pandemic? (250 words)
- How do you perceive the American flag? (500 words)
Please provide the following documents when you submit your application.
- Essay (250 and 500 words max, answering two questions).
- High School Transcript (the review committee pays particular attention to grade trend, rigor of curriculum, etc).
- High School Profile (if available).
- College Transcript (from all colleges if more than one attended).
- SAT or ACT Scores (please ask either the testing agency or school to submit the document here).
- Letter of Recommendation (please ask one of the following individuals to submit the document here: teacher, college professor, guidance counselor, or college adviser).
You must volunteer 15 hours of service at the Tommy Tant Memorial Surf Classic in Flagler Beach on November 13-14, 2021. Please email (email@example.com) to request participation in the event. If you cannot volunteer, please provide an explanation of past participation in community service.